panelarrow

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

VISITA IGLESIA: Santuario del Santo Cristo

Santuario del Santo Cristo or popularly known as Aquinas Church was built in the early 1600 by the Dominican friars. The centuries old church was burned and destroyed several times and was even a home to the Katipuneros in the late 1800s.


The Santo Cristo is above the main altar. There's a stairs that leads up to the Santo Cristo for those who wants to pray. Thru the years, the church has seen several improvements and renovations. The church was built mostly from huge rocks from a bygone era and stands atop a hill in San Juan City.


Scenes from the Way of The Cross are depicted in the stained glass windows. The stained glass windows though are already new.


Here's a look at the side entrance facing Dominican College. You can see from here the marble wall of the altar area while the rest are stone.


There's a small chapel (two actually) on each side of the altar that serves as venue of other church functions or simply as a quiet spot to pray.


This is a porch area before entering the main door of the church.


Then this is the side entrance that leads to the priests quarters and church office.







Visit --- Viva Manilena's List of Philippine Churches 


*** all photos taken using OPPO F1 Plus

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Welcome to Viva Manilena

Welcome to Viva Manilena
email: tkg388@gmail.com

Blog Archive

Popular Posts

A member of Philippine Bloggers Network

A member of Mommy Blogger Philippines

Mommy Bloggers Philippines
Viva Manilena Blog by Edel Santiago. Powered by Blogger.

Copyright © Viva Manilena | Powered by Blogger
Design by AnarielDesign | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com